What’s New for 2023
The following changes will be effective January 1, 2023.
- Aetna enrollees can get preventive and primary care at no cost at a walk-in CVS MinuteClinic. MinuteClinics are open seven days a week and located in select CVS pharmacies and Target stores. To find a location near you, visit cvs.com/minuteclinic/clinic-locator/.
- Behavioral health services will move from Magellan to Aetna. This change allows members to access a larger network of providers and facilities and improves care from a holistic standpoint.
|How is my care affected if I currently see a Magellan provider?
Confirm if your behavioral health provider is in the Aetna network by visiting aetna.com. Scroll down to Find a doctor. Select “Find a doctor.” Under Choose Plan Type, select “Plan through employer”, and then click on Begin Search. Do not log in, instead “Continue as a guest”. Enter your home location, choose a result, and click on Search. On the next page, select either Aetna Choice POS II (Open Access) or Aetna Select (Open Access). If they are included in the Aetna network, no action is needed on your end.
If your provider is NOT in the Aetna network and you are undergoing treatment as of December 1, 2022, sign up for Transition of Care (TOC). You or your provider must submit a TOC Form to Aetna no later than April 1, 2023. If Aetna approves your TOC coverage, you may continue your care at your current benefits level for the period approved by Aetna. Once TOC period is finalized, coverage at the preferred level of benefits will only be applicable if the provider is included in the Aetna Network. The TOC timeframe is 90 days from the effective date for behavioral health members in care. Note: In POS II options, participants may voluntarily continue to see any non-network providers at the applicable cost share. For assistance in completing the TOC, please call Aetna at 800-255-2386.
- If you are enrolled in the Aetna Select option, you will no longer be required to get a specialist referral from your primary care physician. We encourage you to maintain a strong relationship with your primary care doctor, but this should make scheduling with specialists more efficient and convenient for you.
- If you are enrolled in the POS II A or B option, non-emergent medical care outside the U.S. will no longer be covered by the Plan. Emergency/urgent care will continue to be covered at the applicable cost share.
- Addition of coverage for chelation therapy; medical necessity requirement for in-home physical, occupational, speech therapies; limitation of acupuncture visits to 10 per calendar year; and alignment of oral-motor therapy to Aetna Clinical Policy Bulletins.
- If you are enrolled in the POS II A or B option, the limit to file non-network claims (claims originating January 1, 2023 or after) will be moved from 24 to 12 months.
Weight management medications will be available as part of your pharmacy coverage, if you are eligible. This coverage is subject to prior authorization and medical necessity review.
Some coinsurance percentages and coverage maximums will change. Most of the changes will be in the formulary brand and non-formulary brand prescription drug categories in the Aetna Select and Cigna OAPIN options.
Changes in Medical Contributions
Monthly medical contributions will increase between $0 and $24 per month depending on the plan option you enroll in and who you cover.
Update to Coordination of Benefits Provisions
Effective January 1, 2023, the coordination of benefits provisions for the ExxonMobil Medical Plan (EMMP) and ExxonMobil Dental Plan (EMDP) will be as follows. When EMMP/EMDP is the primary plan, it will pay medical/dental claims first as if there is no other coverage. When EMMP/EMDP is the secondary plan, it will pay benefits after the primary plan and that payment amount will be the lesser of: a) what EMMP/EMDP would have paid if it had been primary, or b) what EMMP/EMDP would have paid less the primary plan's payment.
Contributions for dental coverage are increasing by either $1 or $2 monthly in 2023. No other changes are occurring in your coverage. For more detailed plan information, review the Dental page in the Spotlight below.
Good News: Your premiums for vision coverage are not increasing in 2023.
Spectera is rebranding to UnitedHealthcare Vision. If you are enrolled or plan to enroll in vision coverage, you will receive a new UHC Vision ID card in the coming months. There are no changes to your current coverage. For more detailed plan information, review the Vision page in the Spotlight below.
Employee Assistance Program
When life is challenging, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can be a major resource for you and your family. We are excited to partner with ComPsych, a globally recognized Employee Assistance Program vendor, starting in January 2023.
You can receive up to eight in-person sessions per topic per year at no cost, or you can connect to an EAP counselor by phone or video. It is confidential and can help with parenting, professional growth, work-life balance, stress and anxiety, and more.
It also provides insightful coaching and guidance on legal and financial matters as well as work/life support and services for family care and personal convenience matters. Online resources and mobile platform are available 24/7, including digital well-being tools and wellness information.
Important: The Employee Health Advisory Program (EHAP) is renamed Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
No need to enroll, coverage is automatic.
EAP Contact Information
Dedicated Toll Free Number: 888-226-1420 (available 24/7)
Web: www.guidanceresources.com (Organization Web ID: EXXONMOBIL). Registration will be available as of January 1, 2023.
Note: If you started EAP counseling with Magellan and have not completed your set of sessions by year end, your remaining sessions for the same issue/topic will be available with your assigned counselor to effectively assist you through the end of January 2023.
Resources for Chronic Conditions
If you struggle with your weight and/or blood pressure, or you’re at risk for diabetes or heart disease, we encourage you to try one of the programs available through Omada.
Omada Health creates a personalized plan to meet your unique needs and achieve long-term health goals. You will receive real-time tips, health care equipment and support from care team coaches and specialists.
If you meet eligibility requirements, the program is 100% free for medical plan participants, and it can help you feel better, manage your medication and reduce your out-of-pocket health care costs.
Phone: 888-987-8337 Web: omadahealth.com
Omada for Diabetes
• Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
• Diabetes and Hypertension
Omada for Prevention
• Weight Management
• Cardiometabolic Risk
Omada for Hypertension
• Hypertension and Diabetes
Note: If you are enrolled in an Aetna medical plan option and are receiving treatment through Livongo, you will be transitioned to Omada as of January 1, 2023.
ExxonMobil offers comprehensive fertility benefits for medical plan participants through Progyny. We are excited to expand our offerings in 2023 to include:
- 3 + 1 Smart Cycles, which allows an additional Smart Cycle if your first three do not result in a successful pregnancy
- Prescription drug coverage through Progyny Rx. All standard of care fertility medications needed for your treatment will be included in your Smart Cycle benefit. Progyny Rx includes a seamless authorization process, overnight delivery of your medications, and access to pharmacy clinicians to answer your questions
- Coverage for donor tissue purchase services
These services may result in tax implications and will be described in further detail prior to implementation in 2023.
If you are interested in beginning fertility treatments or you are in the middle of a fertility treatment, please reach out to your dedicated Patient Care Advocate, or PCA, at 833-851-2229 to learn more about your Progyny fertility benefit and how these enhancements may impact you.
Updated Help with Musculoskeletal Pain
If you have neck, back, shoulder, knee or ankle pain, or pelvic floor disorder, try Hinge Health.
Here are three things to know about Hinge Health:
- Personalized physical therapy lessons with wearable sensors help you determine where you need help and what kind.
- In-home therapy means you don’t have to drive across town for an appointment (that saves you time and gas).
- It’s 100% free to you if you are enrolled in the ExxonMobil Medical Plan.
Phone: 855-902-2777 / Web: hingehealth.com/exxonmobil
If you currently receive support from an Optum oncology nurse, you will transition to advocacy nurses with the Aetna Care Management team or Cigna Oncology Case Management team, depending on your plan enrollment. If you have questions, call Aetna at 800-255-2386 or Cigna at 800-818-9440.
Leave of Absence
For any approved leave of absence (except military and health/dependent care), if you elect to maintain health coverage, the company will continue its contributions for up to 12 months. You may elect COBRA coverage upon end of the 12 months of subsidized health coverage.
The special COVID-19 rollover amounts won’t apply to next calendar year. Here is a quick recap:
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account — You can roll over a maximum of $570 in unused funds from 2022 to 2023. Your maximum contribution in 2023 can be $2,850.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account — Any unused funds in your account at the end of 2022 will not roll over to the 2023 plan year.
For more detailed plan information, review the Pre-Tax Spending page in the Spotlight below.