Pre-Tax Spending Plan
The ExxonMobil Pre-Tax Spending Plan lets you pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and/or dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars in your Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
How It Works
- To participate in an FSA, you must elect an annual amount to contribute to your FSA each year.
- The annual maximum is $2,850 for a Health Care FSA, and the annual maximum for the Dependent Care FSA is $5,000 (unless you are married and file separate tax returns, and then the maximum is $2,500).
- Your annual contribution amount is divided into the number of paychecks you will receive.
- Each pay period, your FSA contributions will be taken out of your paycheck on a pretax basis and deposited into your FSA account(s).
- You can then use the funds to pay for eligible expenses in 2023.
- Eligible health care expenses include your medical plan deductible, copays and coinsurance, prescription drugs, dental care and more. Over-the-counter medications with or without a prescription and menstrual care products qualify for reimbursement under the Health Care FSA.
- Eligible dependent care expenses include child care for dependents under age 13 or care for adults who are physically or mentally disabled and live with you.
Keep in mind the rollover maximums as you consider your annual contribution for your FSAs.
Health Care FSA: You can carry over a maximum of $570 in unused funds from 2022 into 2023. Any amount greater than $570 in unused funds will be forfeited. (This is an IRA rule, not an ExxonMobil rule.)
Dependent Care FSA: No unused funds in your FSA will be allowed to carry over from 2022 into 2023. The ability to carry over last year was a COVID-19 provision that has expired.
Review your flexible spending account(s) with Payflex so you can plan your contributions accordingly.
Note: Since Payflex is not exclusive to ExxonMobil, refer to the ExxonMobil Pre-Tax Spending Plan Summary Plan Description for a list of covered expenses under the Health Care and Dependent Care FSA.
- Visit goto/HealthPlans under Pre-Tax Spending Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts. To access Flexible Spending Account forms, visit Healthcare forms and useful links on additional benefit information section under the Health tab.
- Visit goto/Aetna or Aetna.com and click “Access Your Account,” then “Contact Us,” or call 800-255-2386, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. CT (except certain holidays).