Eligible Family Members
- Is in a marriage with you that is legally recognized under the laws of the state or other jurisdiction in which the marriage takes place, consistent with U.S. federal law.
- Is a natural child, stepchild or adopted child who has not reached the end of the month during which they reach age 26; or
- Is totally and continuously disabled and incapable of self-sustaining employment as further described in the ExxonMobil Medical Plan Summary Plan Description; or
- Is recognized under a qualified medical child support order as having a right to coverage; or
- Is a grandchild, niece, nephew, cousin, or other child related by blood or marriage over whom a regular employee or the spouse of a regular employee (separately or together) is the sole court appointed legal guardian or sole managing conservator; or
- Is a child for whom the regular employee has assumed a legal obligation for support immediately prior to the child’s adoption by the regular employee.
- Are totally and continuously disabled and incapable of self-sustaining employment by reason of mental or physical disability; and
- Meet the definition of a dependent by the Internal Revenue Service; and
- Were covered as an eligible family member under this plan immediately prior to age 26 when the child’s eligibility would have otherwise ceased; and
- Met the clinical definition of totally and continuously disabled before age 26 and continues to meet the clinical definition through subsequent periodic reassessments.
You need to ensure your enrolled family members are still eligible. If your family member is no longer eligible for coverage, you must notify a benefits representative. Failure to notify about a family member who is no longer eligible (for example, a former spouse) can result in your loss of eligibility for the health plans, and you will be required to reimburse the plan for any claims paid after the loss of eligibility for any ineligible person(s). You may also be subject to discipline up to and including termination of employment.
There are 3 ways to get help:
- Contact a benefit representative at 833-776-9966.
- In the Your Total Rewards portal, go to “Contact Us,” “General Information,” and select “Chat With Us” to initiate a web chat (during customer care hours).
- Schedule an appointment by selecting the Annual Enrollment tile from the home page and clicking “Need help with benefit choices?”